It was neat to take our children inside the temple and to share with them what happens in a temple. They had a really great video about temples that they show before the tour. My favorite part of the video was a part where Elder Holland was talking about Eternal Families and how families can be sealed for eternity by sacred priesthood power to be together forever, not just until we die. And that when God gave the commandment to Adam and Eve to "be one" that principle of a husband and wife as being one before the Lord is an eternal principle. "Neither is the man without the woman, nor the woman without the man in the Lord" - That this isn't just a good social idea, but an eternal commandment. And very last he said, that he can not imagine heaven without his wife and children being with him. "It would not be heaven to me." I am so thankful that the priesthood power has been restored to the earth through the prophet Elijah to seal families for eternity and to link us together throughout the generations. I am so thankful to know that MaryAnne, and all our sweet children, are sealed to us if we are faithful. Heaven for me means being together as a family forever.
The children were so good. Here is a little video of them talking, singing and dancing. We had one of the ladies who were picketing against Mormons take our group photo. She was very kind and I hope we were kind to her to.
Afterward, we ate dinner at Perkins and headed home. It was a nice day! The two things we didn't do was take the Cheney's photo by the Cheney Drive sign, and we didn't make it to see Shoshone Falls. I guess we will just have to go back!
The next Sunday, Brent and I were able to go to the temple dedication broadcasted at our Caldwell Stake Center. Our sweet neighbors, Will & Amanda Gigray, watched the children for us so we could go. It was so nice! My two favorite talks were by President Monson's daughter and President Monson. His daughter shared a sweet note that a friend had written about what makes Idaho families special and how she came to understand her divinity as a daughter of God. She said that she grew up seeing divinity within her own home, as she worked beside her father in the fields and saw his hard work, courage, dedication and kindness; and how when they would come home from the fields her mother would welcome them with open arms and help them get cleaned up and have a delicious meal prepared. She felt the love and joy and peace of home. She felt the love of her family - of her mother and father and knew of our Heavenly Father's love for her because of their loving examples. It made me really want to do my best to help our children feel of my love for them and their father and our Heavenly Father. President Monson was wonderful about how he joked and taught. He encouraged us in such a loving and fun way to be better people, to follow the example of the Savior, and shared his appreciation and testimony of the restored gospel and his appreciation for all the good people do. He is a wonderful prophet. For me personally, the most sacred part of the dedication was the Hosanna shout and singing "The Spirit of God" I felt as if I was singing praises just for my Savior and it made me want to sing with all my heart. I do love the Savior Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for his sacrifice for us that make it possible for us to repent and return to him and our Father. I am thankful for the plan of salvation and redemption and for the restoration through Joseph Smith that allows us to have all of the truths and blessings of the gospel and to have a living prophet to receive direction from the Lord and to guide us. I am especially thankful for my family. I love you!

1 comment:
I have never been to a temple dedication (only on video), but we have two temples being built her in the area, so we are going to go to at least one of them. I loved how Jane kept switching between humming and the words while she was singing.
Post a Comment