Saturday, September 20, 2008

Making our family blog private

Hi there friends --

We thinking about making our blog private soon - would anyone who is interested in viewing our family blog send us your email and let us know? (Family is always a given!) Thanks!

What are all of your thoughts on whether or not to have your family blogs private? Thanks! The Ortons

5 comments:

Brittney said...

I think it depends on your profession (I think public figures probably have more risk putting their family blog online). It also depends what you're blogging about and how careful you are about keeping private things private. I think I would continue to have a public blog if Kent weren't a teacher and if I deleted anything that referenced the city we live in. I just don't like being THAT available. The more I share personal feelings on my blog, the more I would rather not have strangers read.

However, as members, we have been encouraged to share our testimonies and the gospel online. So I guess you could even keep two blogs. Then you could leave one of them public where you just share experiences, thoughts, and your testimony without mentioning any specifics about your family?? Just a thought.

And I would like an invite.

Erin said...

I like Brittney's idea of having two blogs. I'm thinking about doing just that. It was a hard decision to go private but I'm glad that we did.

If you go private I'd like an invite too!

Kristi M. said...

Please include us. I would love to keep checking in. jkmiller2002@yahoo.com

I guess that I have never felt uneasy about my blog being public and who might be reading it. I have connected with so many old friends through blogs and if they were made private, that would not have happened. I have yet to have one incidence that made me think otherwise.

Brandon and Katee said...

I think it is a good idea but like Kristi have run into many people because of having it public. I would love to be kept on here
the3bakes@hotmail.com

KP said...

Well, I actually have about a dozen blogs, not just 2, but that's just because of my personality. Anyway, Karen and I were just talking about it the other day and we're actually thinking about going public.