Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Jane!

Jane is 5 now and so excited about it! She had a great birthday! Here are a few fun photos of the day! All the children were very cute!














Here is the Birthday Breakfast! Jane's wearing her pink birthday dress and wanted to do curlers in her hair so she would have fun curly hair on her birthday!

Grandma and Grandpa Lewis sent up a fun green package that sat on our table for a few days before Jane's birthday that she could hardly wait to open! Thank you for the fun kitchen set Grandma and Grandpa! SharaLynn gave Jane some beautiful bracelets (Thanks Shara!), Noreen gave her a book and colored pencils, and we gave her a couple of outfits and socks, a pencil sharpener, and made her a fun Kitchen cupboard and stove and sink. It was tough to know which was a bigger hit- the Kitchen or the Pencil Sharpener! She really enjoyed everything!

Derek and Rachel came over the night before until 2am to help Brent and I get everything done in making her birthday present. Thank you so much for all your help! I stayed up another few hours after that working on the last few things. Next year I am starting earlier! But it was fun to surprise Jane!
Here is a movie of the Birthday Breakfast! We love you our sweet Jane!


For Jane's Birthday, she wanted to have a Hello Kitty and Little Miss Sunshine Cake. She played with her kitchen toys all day and helped me to make the cake. For our family activity, Jane wanted to go to the pumpkin patch, but we decided to go to the "Orton watermelon patch" in our own backyard. We rode the 4 wheeler as a family all over the detention pond and into the backyard for our "wagon ride" there, and then we got out and found our watermelons from the garden (as well as cherry tomatoes and green beans!), then we rode the 4 wheeler all the way back home and set up the play tents inside for a maze.

About the time we were going to cut the cake, we thought it might be more fun to share our birthday cake and fun with who ever was available - so we quickly called our good friends the Gigray's and the Cheney's to see if they could hurry over for some cake! Thanks so much for coming! The Gigray boys had even made cute dino and ball Birthday cards for Jane and brought a fun "Go Fish" game for a present! (Wow- how did they do that with only 5 minutes warning! Thanks so much!) The kids had a great time playing the game, doing the maze and playing the player piano. It was a fun night!

We are so thankful for our Jane! She is the light of my life! I love to watch her loving to learn and grow. She loves to try to read and write. She loves preschool, and starfall. She loves to dance and playing the piano, she loves to tell good stories and pretend. She also is very sweet and sensitive to others' feelings. I am thankful for all the fun times we have together! We love you Jane! Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Hannah said...

What a fun day! She is a great girl who is sure growing up fast.

Brittney said...

She looked adorable.. and you guys put tons of work into birthdays. I can tell! I bet she appreciated everything you did. The kitchen is amazing. Good job!

Mary C. said...

Oh what a sweet little girl! Her mom and dad are pretty special too! I just LOVE the cute cupboard Brent made! It looks like one you bought from a store! It's just beautiful!! We love you all and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE!!!

Kristi M. said...

I amazed at the talent you and Brent have. You just continue to amaze me.

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday Jane! We love you!

Loughmiller's said...

I can't believe she is 5! These kids grow up too fast. She is adorable! I wish we lived closer.