Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Peter's Blessing Day! July 5th, 2009


Today was Peter's Blessing day!


We were so thankful for our family and friends who came. Nicole and Wayne, Mom and Dad O., Mom and Dad L., Grandpa Coltrin, Richard & Merrilee, Nicole, Christopher, Gary, Jeff, Kelly & Shara, David & Penny and crew. It was a very sweet fast Sunday. In the blessing Brent said:

"Our Father in Heaven, by the authority of the Melchizedek priesthood, we take this young infant in our arms and give him a name and blessing. The name is Peter Gary Orton.

Peter we give you a blessing, that you will have strength and power to identify and choose that which is right.

That you will have the assurance and tendency to lean on our Father in Heaven and the Holy Ghost [as you face the challenges of life]....

That you will have the blessing and ability to serve Him faithfully, to be and instrument in His Hands to uplift and bless others, that you will touch the hearts of those looking for the truth as you serve as a missionary.

We bless you that you will have the opportunity to take a worthy young woman to be sealed for time and eternity in our Father's house.

You are a special son. Your cheerful heart and sweet attitude will be a blessing to your family and those around you.

We feel moved to tell you that God loves you, as you indeed know now. And that you will be able to draw on this and know this throughout your life. .. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."



Dad Orton and Grandpa Coltrin said that right before the blessing Peter was looking so sweet like he was just about to smile so they kept their eyes open during the blessing and just watched Peter. They said he did smile and smiled through out the blessing and just laid there sweetly and lovingly. I love our little Peter and I am so thankful the Lord has entrusted us with such a wonderful, happy, good boy and with four other wonderful children. I want to be a better mother to them to love them and teach them and be patient with them because I do love them so much! I am so grateful for Brent too and the restoration of Priesthood power and keys that are on the earth to bless families. This is God's church.

After the blessing there were some very sweet testimonies shared. From our family: Mom Lewis stood and talked about Karen's passing and her testimony and knowledge that she is fine and happy and we are fine and that there really is life after this one and how grateful she is for the Father's plan and the Holy Ghost that can comfort us. I love my mother very much and so grateful that she and Dad were able to sacrifice and come and help so much. Grandpa Coltrin also stood and shared his testimony of this gospel. That the Father and the Son did appear to Joseph Smith and that he knows this church is true and that we need to do our part in moving the work forward. It was very powerful to me, as our Orton family patriarch for him to share his strong testimony and love and desire for us to continue choosing good things and being good to each other. I love him very much and I am so grateful we have been blessed with such wonderful grandparents and parents.

Jane also stood and shared her testimony - the first time without any help and it was very special and sweet and sincere - that she knows Heavenly Father loves us and that she loves her family and grandparents and cousins. She is a very good and special girl. Brent and I also both stood and shared our testimonies. Gary O. shared his testimony about the gospel - that it is a gospel of Love to the whole world. He is a very special and gentle and good man and I am so grateful to have Peter named after him.

I was able to sub for the primary chorister and it was very fun! Sis. Mooso does such an awesome job with the children and they are such good singers! I was so proud of them! She has such fun games planned to teach the children. I hope Kyla will ask me to sub again! The rest of the family went to their classes and everyone made so many good comments about how lucky we are to have such good parents and that they knew by the comments our parents shared that live the gospel daily. We are so lucky to have such great parents! We hope we can be more like them. We love you Mom and Dad O. and Mom and Dad L.! And Grandpa Coltrin and the Broadbents! We love you all so much! Thank you for coming!









We were so sad when everyone had to leave to go home. But we were also so wiped out after such a fun weekend! John fell asleep on the kitchen floor playing!

2 comments:

shellysanford said...

what a great family!It is so neat to see all of you in one picture!

Deborah said...

Congrats again Tanya, Peter is precious. Are you able to view my blog? I noticed I'm on your side bar and it says my last post was 7 months ago! It is private but I thought I sent you an invite? do you need another one? I sure enjoy your blog, it fun to see what you are up to, and your beautiful family.