"Oh Deer"
There once was a mother near Fairfield.
She cruised along driving so skilled.
When out jumped a deer,
She froze up in fear.
Now the poor car we'll have to rebuild!
(That limerick was for you Rachel!)
Thank you Brent for being sweet and kind to me even though I killed the deer and wrecked the car. Thank you Dad and Mom for rescuing us in the middle of the night, towing us with your car and letting us spend the night with you at the hotel. Thank you Brent and Dad and Gilbert for working so hard to try to fix the car and helping us figure out how to get home, even though we should have been letting you enjoy all our family at the reunion. Thank you Great Uncle Nolan for giving us a ride home and thank you to your sweet wife who was inspired to send you with the van. Thank you cousin Alan Williams for letting us know of a good mechanic in Jerome. Thank you Uncle Gilbert and Aunt Deanna for letting us borrow your fishing rig while our car is being fixed. Thank you to our insurance company covering the cost of the tow and part of the repairs. And Thank you to our Father in Heaven watching out for us and keeping us safe and helping us work everything out. We feel so blessed!
August - Part II
-
We've always thought it would be interesting to see Chumbi eat, but he
seems to be shy and will never eat while we are in there (he brings the rat
into ...
1 year ago
8 comments:
Oh Dear!!! Are you all ok?! It sounds like it. You're blessed with a lot of people who love you that's for sure! That;s what you get for being so nice all the time. Kharma!
Awesome limerick Tanya!
We hope you get your car back soon! You have such a positive attitude, I would have never guessed that something so major happened over the weekend!
oh man!!! I'm glad you're all ok. that's scary!
I wish we had been there to repay the favor that you did for us when we hit our deer. I guess we'll have to repay that particular good deed to someone else some other time. Glad you are all ok. --Julie
Oh no! I hope everyone is ok.
I am the animal slayer in our family. I have hit a moose and a deer. Good thing for insurance.
Oh No!!! At least no one was hurt! I hope that the car is going to be okay!
That Hawaii video was much more prophetic than I ever thought! First Kelly gets called as a scoutmaster, and now this. So, are you going to have some good venison over the next few months?
I'm so glad you guys are all okay!
Post a Comment