We had a very fun Friday night date- first we took turns at the Temple and playing with the children. While Brent was inside, I tried to teach the children how to ride bikes. It was more tricky than I thought and I can see now we need to do a lot more practicing as a family! Both Jane and John were starting to get the hang of it on the bicycle with training wheels, but not without training wheels. John was loving racing Paul on his little scooter- it was fun to see!
Then we headed off to pick the "secret ingredient" for our garden!
We found a family with free Goat Compost/Manure and Brent and I actually had a really fun time shoveling the stinking stuff! Weird as it is, and as bad as it smells, it had sweet memories attached to the smells for me - times on farms, riding horses, having cows and pigs as a little girl, visiting zoos or dairies, etc.
On Saturday we got it all shoveled onto our garden and the Jack's garden and got most of the plants planted. We are excited to see our garden grow!
Saturday night - we went to a birthday party for Treygan Price that was very fun - and this is a photo of the return trip home after all the fun!
3 comments:
Ok, I know (by the way, this is Brent. Tanya would never do such a thing) it is dung to comment on your own post, but now it's too late not to because it's already dung :_)
What a great picture! I'm glad we could wear them out for you! And, Brent, it's totally okay to comment on your own post!
I haven't checked in a while and I love all the pictures and loved the ones of Disneyland! We are thinking about going to Disneyland in August with the kids. I think they're old enough to love it! We miss you like always!
Post a Comment