Christmas was wonderful! The interstate was closed the day before we left, and the day after, but on Christmas Eve we were blessed to drive all the way to Grandma and Grandpa Lewis' on dry roads ahead of the storm. We had a great Nativity Program and delicious food, and it was so nice to just be all together! This year Chad, Chris & Amanda, Us, Karen & Keith, Kelly & Shara, Pat & Dixie and Bryan, Robert & Sandy were all home for Christmas. It was quite a fun houseful!
The children were so excited! Jane and John both wrote letters to Santa. Jane asked for Ballet slippers and chapstick that changes any color you want, and John asked for Jelly Beans! I love my children so much!
On Sunday all the Lewis brothers and sisters and Mom and Dad got together for our Lewis Family Gift Exchange. This year we all went in to buy Mom and Dad a new gas dryer and a TV conversion box. I wish I had done more to show them how special they are to us. They were so generous to all of us and surprised us with fun things from Hawaii as well as a very kind gift of money. I am so grateful that they are being blessed and are so kind to take care of all of us. I don't know how many weekends they have been gone this year helping at least one of us with different projects. I am so grateful for parents that give their all - loving us, teaching us, and helping us - and hope we will be able to be good parents too, in consecrating our lives in serving and blessing our family. Thank you Mom and Dad for all you do for us. All the grandchildren got Hawaiian outfits and it was so fun to see them all dressed up together and bring back fun memories of going to Hawaii as a family! Here is a photo of all the Lewis grandchildren with Grandma and Grandpa!
No comments:
Post a Comment