Jane had a wonderful time on her 1st school field trip! I was so glad to get to come with her. It was so neat to watch them shear the sheep and hold the baby lambs (That were actually quite heavy!) and to then watch them spin wool into a rainbow! The couple that run the Sheep Shed are wonderful and offer spinning classes and show all the amazing things you can do with wool and other fibers. It was amazing to me! I take for granted all the amazing materials we have available to us, and it was neat to see it go straight from the sheep to the yarn to all of the products they made and sold at the Sheep shed. They even had these wool dryer balls that help to dry your clothes quicker, reduce your electricity needed by 25% and make your clothes nice and soft! I signed up for a spinning class just because I think it would be awesome to know how! Jane had a lot of fun and was excited to get some rainbow colored wool to take home. We tried felting it together into balls, but we are still working on the whole felting process!
August - Part II
-
We've always thought it would be interesting to see Chumbi eat, but he
seems to be shy and will never eat while we are in there (he brings the rat
into ...
1 year ago
1 comment:
Glad to see they have reinstated the Sheep Shed. LOTS of Fun!
Post a Comment