


Today was Karen's funeral. It was very special and nice to go and dress Karen for the veiwing yesterday with Mom, Keith, and Ammi. Brent was sweet and took care of the children for me. It was hard to see her, but good to see her too. When we feel her spirit close we feel happy and it has been special and real to feel her closeness.
The funeral was very nice. We cried, we laughed, we felt empty, we felt hopeful, we missed her, we felt determined to be better, we felt grateful for the gospel and for the sacrifice of our Savior that removes the sting of death. They recorded the service so that Rick and Sandy could hear it since they are out on their missions.
It was hard to see her beautiful body laid to rest in a casket. It was very special to see seven of my eight brothers carrying her casket as pal bearers. It was hard to say good bye. It was nice to see family and friends.
My emotions have been up down and in and out and not knowing exactly what to feel. Mostly I know that Karen is happy to not be sick anymore, but there is a longing to be with her again soon. I love you Karen. Thank you for being my very best friend. God be with you till we meet again.
6 comments:
Oh Tanya...I am SO sorry. She sounds like such a wonderful sister. I went to a viewing once and told the lady who's husband died that I was sorry for her loss. She said so sweetly...oh, I didn't loose, I gained! I had 18 wonderful years with my husband and that's not a loss. That has always stuck with me. Your family is in my prayers...love you special lady! If you ever want to talk or cry just call.
We love you so much! Karen was an amazing and wonderful woman. I am so thankful to have known her. You are in my prayers. :)
the funeral was so special and you did such a great job on your talk. we will miss karen's sweet spirit. casey was talking to his parents about the funeral/karen and said he just couldn't believe what a strong person she was and how he's never met a kinder person.
Oh how I wish I could have been there. I am glad to hear that everything went well, and that she is in a better place. We love you and your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
We have been thinking of you guys... prayers are pouring out to your fam!
We wanted to be at the funeral so bad but Spencer couldn't get work off. Our thoughts and prayers were with you so much that day and I know I was crying with everyone else from afar. She's such a beautiful woman. I've never seen her before and I wish so much I could have met her. But not to worry, there will be plenty of time to spend with her later right? She's with so many good people and how wonderful that she no longer has to be sick. Our prayers are with you guys. We love you! I would love to get together and talk about Karen sometime. Let me get to know her through others. :)
Post a Comment