Sunday, March 22, 2009

Do you ever feel like you could bite your finger off?


My wife says I'm "tasty!" Well, we don't just believe things like that without scientific verification (thanks Dr. Dixon) so we did it. We conducted an experiment. With empirical and qualitative measurement devices handy (Camera and taste buds), I bit my favorite finger (the one shaped like an orange baby carrot). To obtain a more reliable set of results, we conducted the test multiple times. The results, however were somewhat inconclusive, but we did learn some things in our research effort: 1. Not all baby carrots are "tasty" equally. 2. It is useful to perform this experiment at home, but may we encourage careful execution since "cannibalism [is] frowned upon in most societies." 3. This experiment may be conducted in a manner to form a useful deterrent to infantile or juvenile thumb sucking. 4. This was a test... this was only a test... had this been a real finger biting, you would have been notified of an emergency and received instructions to find the nearest emergency room or tube of super glue...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey, I was there for that picture!

And I agree, not all baby carrots are created equally. I had one in the car on our trip that was NASTY! And the bad thing about carrots is that you can't swallow them quickly. You have to chew for a LONG time or else they're quite painful!

vdg family said...

I am REALLY glad it was a carrot and not your finger. It took me a moment to see it. ;D Love you! LOL!