We had a great weekend! On Friday we jetted down to Utah to see Ammi and Ben and their crew in the Manti Pageant! It was wonderful! They did such a great job and it was amazing to see the whole story of the restoration of the gospel, the Book of Mormon and the Mormon Pioneers played out in one show and in such a beautiful place.
The pageant was great, but for me the pinnacle part of the whole weekend was going to a live session at the Manti Temple the next morning. Ammi watched our children for us so we could go together. It was one of the most powerful experiences I have ever had going to the temple. I felt a strong and renewed desire to be as faithful and diligent as I can-- To be more dedicated to the Lord and to strengthen my testimony by reading the scriptures more, praying more, being kinder to my children and trying to listen and follow the Spirit more in my life. I was struck by the dedication of the temple workers who have studied so diligently in order to have all of the ordinances memorized. I was touched as I watched them greet each person in the session with a handshake and a warm welcome.
I was humbled by the craftmanship of the temple, that was built by the Utah pioneers with such love and detail and skill and sacrifice when they had so little themselves. I felt a deep sense of the love for God that people had there in Manti, and also the love of our country - a true understanding that this land is a choice and blessed land and that in order for us to enjoy our freedoms we must first serve the God of this land and second, defend our faith, rights, liberties and do all that we can to protect our freedoms. It was a wonderful morning!
We headed to the Pond family reunion in Woods Cross after that and had a great time seeing Grandma & Grandpa Pond and aunts, uncles and cousins. It was great to be together!
Sunday morning brought a great Father's Day morning! Jane, Mom and I got up and made a fun breakfast in bed for all the Daddy's at my parent's home (There were five). We gave Brent and Dad their presents (a handprinted apron, pocket protector ;-), new socks, new watch and a coupon for fold up beds for our trailer). Church was fun too - especially for the vacation of getting to sit all together and Brent being so sweet to take Peter for most of church. He is a wonderful husband! After church Brent (even though he was tired) walked home with Jane, John, Paul and Grandma and Grandpa Lewis and Aunt Amanda. He was a happy and fun daddy!
I am so grateful for all that Brent does for our family. He is so good to us. I love his wonderful smile and his undying optimism for life and hope that things are good now and are just going to get better. I am thankful for his faith in the Lord and his goodness to us. He works so hard for us at work, and then he comes home and hardly has a moment to himself as he works so hard to help us and others. I am so thankful that he is happy giving his life to others and pray that we can always be a wonderful support to him. We love you Brent! Thank you for being a wonderful husband and father to our children. I love you!
1 comment:
This looks like so much fun. I wish you could come out for the Hill Cumorah Pagent. We love you!
Post a Comment