Thursday, March 11, 2010

So Blessed - Glad Brent's Safe!



On Saturday after Grandma Orton's funeral, we got home pretty late from Burley. We were so glad to have Aunt Melanie spend the night and enjoy her for a few minutes, but we hit the sack pretty soon after getting home because we were all so tired. Melanie's flight was leaving very early in the morning and they needed to leave our home by 4 am. They made it off alright but I felt impressed to pray that they would be safe and to put my phone on my pillow in case Brent called and needed to talk to stay awake. I was thinking that I would call him after awhile to make sure he was doing alright, but I fell back asleep and didn't wake up until I heard my phone ringing and Brent calling to tell me that he had just crashed the car off the Centennial Blvd. Exit and that he was alright.

What had happened was that he had been very tired but didn't want to call and wake me up and there really weren't any good spots to pull off and sleep between here and the airport. So he turned up the tape in his car. For some reason he felt impressed to take the Centennial exit which is two exits further than the exit we usually take. As he got off the exit and over the interstate bridge, he fell asleep and drifted into the median, breaking the front axel and tire on the curb, side swiped a tree, woke up and pushed on the breaks and was able to slow down before hitting the light pole. The impact was enough to bend in the front of our car like a bow tie, but gentle enough that the air bags didn't go off and Brent wasn't hurt at all.

I was so grateful that the Lord had kept him safe. I know the Lord inspired him to take that exit. He was pretty shook up, but well enough that he could still participate in Mike Rameriz's confirmation which was a wonderful and exciting event - we were so happy for their family and for Mike to make this choice for himself and for his family! I know the Lord is watching out for our family.

Brent, though sad that he wrecked he car and all that that entails - Paying the city for new landscaping, tickets, traffic court, defensive driving courses, and all the time those things take --- He got a fun new-to-us truck out of the deal!

2 comments:

The Hemming's said...

WOW!So glad Brent is okay!So happy to see you are blogging again too!;) I have missed having Orton updates.

vdg family said...

Brent I am soooooooo sorry.